Poco Studio was established in 2004 to develop teaching and learning resources entailing a logical, pedagogically paced sequence of skills training that provides comprehensive, age appropriate preparation for today's young music learners who need a conducive learning environment and beginner music teachers who require a creative teaching solution.
Our motto is: Make Sense. From simple to complex concepts and theories, we strife to present material in a logical and sequential manner that is not only made to be understandable to every student but also makes sense to them. Going beyond the mere fulfillment of a curriculum obligation, we develop products that help students make sense of every concept covered and to be able to initiate thoughts and ideas.
Since the release of our first publication, the first edition of Music Theory for Young Children Level 1, in 2004, significant testing for products and in-depth research on methodologies have occurred. To date, we published a number of series including:
- Music Theory for Young Children Levels 1-4, 1st Ed in 2004 and 2nd Ed in 2014
- Theory Drills for Young Children Books 1-2, in 2013
- Music Theory for Young Musicians Grades 1-5, 1st Ed in 2010 and 2nd Ed in 2014
- Poco Piano for Young Children Levels 1-4, in 2010
- Sight Reading for Young Pianists Level 1, in 2006
- Stick Notation Rhythm Flashcards, in 2012
- Dimmie Drum and the Beanstalk DVD Storybook, in 2008